Sunday, February 24, 2013

Who Am I?

I am sitting here and finishing an episode from the television series Parenthood. I am trying to watch the final scene; trying to listen to the words of the song playing in the background; trying to hold my wife’s hand with as much tenderness as I can imagine; and just trying to take it all in. I am suddenly aware of my own life’s fulfillment. It is something that was recently lacking and I didn’t even know it. Yes, I’ve had the picturesque life: happily married, two kids, boy and a girl, and living near my childhood family. I have always been happy. However, this is all not complete without a sense of self. I was happily living without a sense of who I truly am. But I have rediscovered who I am recently. I’m not sure when I lost the essence of it, but it’s back. And it came to me through a little training, a little coaching, and a little insight that was provided to me through an Energy Leadership™ weekend workshop. I found myself again and have an even greater sense of fulfillment than I did a few short months ago.

I now find myself wondering how many of you out there are living picturesque lives without yourself. Living a life of “happiness”, or at least how you picture happiness to be. How much happier could you actually be? Right now I am beginning on a new endeavor that will help those rediscover themselves in order to lead fulfilling lives. I will be putting together workshops with the most pressing question on the agenda that participants will ask themselves: “Who am I?” If you can truly answer that question then you are on the path that leads you to a life of pure joy.  

So as I reflect back on what got this endeavor started just a short while ago, I am happy. I am happy and proud of myself for rediscovering a greater passion for life. I want to share this with others. I want others to feel what I felt holding my wife’s hand, embracing the emotion that a tv episode revealed in me, and being happy about it. A big part of life is embracing all emotions. Not judging them as good or bad, but just feeling and experiencing them. And sharing them with those you love. Happy birthday Sue.

Coach Randal Suozzo, CPC, ELI-MP

No comments:

Post a Comment