Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Movie Emotion


I am a movie lover. I love the way movies make me feel. I like to watch movies that bring out my emotion. I think this because I am not a very emotional person and certain movies allow me to express my emotions on a level that I am not comfortable with in other settings. So, I tend to gravitate towards dramas such “My Life”, “I Am Sam”, or “My Girl”.  Another favorite of mine is “Forrest Gump”. It brings out my emotion, but it also recalibrates my perspective on life. You see, Forrest Gump is the simplest of people. He goes through life without judgment. To him, life just is, and he is happy to be a part of it. That really resonates with me.

The movie ends with the introduction between Forrest Gump and Forrest Junior. The emotion in Forrest Gump after realizing that he has a son is phenomenal. Ever wonder what pure joy looks like? Watch “Forrest Gump”. You can see the pure joy in Forrest Gump’s face at the end. His perspective on life may not be perfect, but there are a number of people today that could stand to take a few pages from his book. Life isn’t meant to be taken too seriously; it’s meant to be enjoyed.

Go ahead, enjoy life.

Coach Randal Suozzo, CPC, ELI-MP

No comments:

Post a Comment