Thursday, July 4, 2013

Zac Brown Band - Country Rock

I am very passionate about music. I believe that music has the power to shift one’s state of being. I know my spirit lifts and I stand taller when I hear the words to a particular song and I feel an excitment to be alive! “Well it’s funny how it’s the little things in life that mean the most, not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes. There’s no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I’ve come to know.” (Zac Brown Band – Chicken Fried). 

The Zac Brown Band will be playing a local venue this weekend and unfortunately, I will not be in attendance. I grew up on rock music and have been looking for a quality band to follow since Def Leppard retired. Along the way I turned to country music. I believe that nowadays country music is very similar to 70’s rock. So I call what I listen to “country rock”. The Zac Brown Band is presently my favorite country rock group. (The Zac Brown Band frequently covers rock songs and plays with other rock stars such as GregAllman and Kid Rock)

The writing is brilliant. When I first began to listen to rock music, the words didn’t mean much to me, but I have learned how valuable really good lyrics are to a song. This makes it especially difficult for me to miss this concert. Not only is Zac Brown a great writer of lyrics, opening for them is Levi Lowrey who co-wrote Colder Weather and who wrote a couple of his own songs that I have heard and also have great lyrics. 

I guess I will have to take a page from Zac Brown himself this upcoming weekend and just let it go…"Save your strength for things that you can change, Forgive the ones you can't, you gotta let 'em go." (ZBB - Let It Go). At least I will be enjoying my time with family on Cape Cod, a place I can be without a hurry, or worry, in the world. “Ain’t in no hurry, I’d be a fool now to worry, about all those things I can’t change.” (ZBB - No Hurry). 

For those of you who happen to be attending the show this weekend, enjoy the show and pay attention to the lyrics if you can. Let them take to a place where you feel a sense of free. “Just as free. Free as we’ll ever be.” (ZBB - Free). It is Independence Day weekend after all. And on that note, I would simply like to take a moment to remember our heroes who fought bravely for the freedom that we enjoy today as Americans. 

“I thank god for my life, and for the Stars and Stripes, may freedom forever fly, let it ring. Salute the ones who died, the ones that give their lives, so we don’t have to sacrifice, all the things we love.” (ZBB -Chicken Fried). 


Feel free to find music that will allow you to escape your surroundings and enter into a different state of mind. I believe music has that power, but only if you give yourself over to it. Ultimately, you are in control and music is just a tool.  Feel free to use it. Enjoy it.

Enjoy Life.

Coach Randal Suozzo, CPC, ELI-MP

www.facebook.com/PassionDiscoveryCoaching

No comments:

Post a Comment